Wendy is an accomplished voice over artist, experienced in the media industry in both radio and television with a strong talent in networking, promotions and marketing. Her strengths include: voicing infomercials, hosting radio and on air shows, voicing station ID’s and liners, obtaining and conducting artist interviews, establishing, building and retaining client relationships, and locating, developing and implementing promotional events. She is an innovative and creative thinker who achieves rare promotional opportunities and sales, and a congenial, resourceful and persistent self-starter who has provided the voice for major national advertising campaigns.
Voice-over artist for HiFiveMusic Commercials and Instructional Videos
Lightning Production Studios, Fetcher, NC 2013-2014
Voiced various automobile spots for cable television and radio
WLIX 93.3 and 94.7 Lite FM, Ridge, NY
www.wlix.fm 2012 – Present
Primary voice for station IDs and liners
Inravio.com, Mastic, NY 2012 – 2013
Host of “The Summers Retro Cafe”/Promotions Director
Features 70s, 80s, and 90s, music and MTV music videos, conducted celebrity interviews, including a red carpet interview with Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter Rick Springfield, Emmy Award winning Director/Producer Sylvia Caminer, and Executive Producer of the Rick Springfield documentary “An Affair of the Heart” Melanie Lentz-Janney; developed strong relationships with area venues, wrote promos, and voiced spots for advertisers on the station. Interviews also included a phoner with 80’s artist icon Eddie Money.
“Brazil Butt Lift” Infomercial, New York, NY 2011 – 2013
Worked with Mayhew Breen Productions and Beach Body to voice national infomercial and revisions which airs regularly on major networks including: WE, E Networks, Food Networks, and CBS
“The Park Avenue Secret” 2013
Worked with Mayhew Breen Productions @ Pennylane Studios in Manhattan to voice a national infomercial for a renowned plastic surgeon to the stars Dr. Neil Sadek for an anti- aging skin care product.
Wooly Bugger Productions, Medford. OR 2011- 2013
Freelance Voice Over
Work for various clients doing voice overs to be used in radio and television commercials.
Transwest Media/Station Break Productions, Syosset, NY 2010 – Present
Voiced promos for Barnes and Nobles for book signings for Paula Deen, Jodi Picoult, Cable television commercials, movie theaters, and websites
WSHR Radio “The Arrow” 91.9, Ronkonkoma, N.Y. 2010
Summers Retro Cafe Radio Show Host
Hosted “The Summers Retro radio show selected songs for an 80’s show, Voiced PSA’s, liners and Id’s.
I.W. Limited, Medford, NY 2001-2009
96.1 WLVG Radio Station
Hired as Promotions Director/ Midday Host and advanced to Account Executive/ Midday Host
Account Executive/Midday Host 2007-2009
Accountable for providing on-air experience with adult contemporary radio station, covering all of The East End including the Hamptons and Brookhaven areas.
- Increased listener population hosting the 9am to 2pm midday show.
- Executed on-air contests, played listeners requests, read PSA announcements, which satisfied community listeners.
- Performed commercial voicing on 70% of station’s radio commercial ad sponsorships, including agency clients such as Lexus of Southampton, Sleepy’s and Gurney’s Inn.
- Created and implemented sales proposals and schedules based on clients’ budgets.
- Meticulous in following-up with clients to nurture sales relationships
- Prospected weekly to recruit potential clients and canvassed Brookhaven and East End
- Wrote and edited sixty second commercials
- Skilled in using Tracker Program and Voice Tracking
Promotions Director/ Midday Host 2001 -2005
Responsibilities included networking and building a client base by selling commercial time.
- Set-up successful promotions and key client relationships with companies such as: American Airlines, Caesar’s Palace, Broadway.com, Liberty Travel, Mohegan Sun
Foxwoods, Disney, VH1, Recording Academy for Grammy tickets and other packages.
- Saved company tens of thousands of dollars by executing numerous promotions all done on 100% trade basis
- Operated stations “Love Machine” vehicle to all events, charities and holiday parades throughout Eastern Long Island and Brookhaven Township and acted as liaison, giving station much needed exposure and a leadership role in the served communities.
- Attended job fairs for recruiting of interns and representing the station.
- Worked closely with Program Director in creating upcoming promotions and contributed original, creative ideas and creative copy for promos that successfully aired.
- Hosted Affection Connection, a love song request show, weeknights
- Oversaw interns, updated website love96.1.comwith regards to community postings and events of interest to the community.
- Instrumental in securing prizes for “12 Days of Christmas” promotion that enhanced sales revenue and added excitement to sponsorship opportunities.
- Set-up “Meet and Greets” and giveaways through promoters and record companies for artists including: Phil Collins, Elton John, John Tesh, Hall and Oates and Rick Springfield.
Wendy Dillon, Private Voice-Over Coach, Manhattan, NY 1999-2001
John Barker Vocal Training, Stony Brook, NY 1998-1999
Studied vocal dynamics, enhancing quality, breath support and control.
Professionally Speaking, Manhattan, NY 1997-1998
Speech program emphasizing articulation and projection of clear vocal mechanics.
Glenn Holtzer, Private Voice-Over Coach, Greenwich Village, NY 1997-1998
West Baron School of Voice, Manhattan, NY 1997
Voice-over program, weekly performance and critique evaluating speed, intonation, tone, clarity, believability, utilizing microphone and technical taping equipment Computer proficiency includes MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook